These easy to make Honey Cornbread Muffins are lightyears beyond the plain store-bought mixes. Flavored with honey, they are sweet and dense-try them and you’ll be a convert for sure!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + extra for serving Nature Nate’s honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in the microwave for one minute, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend.
- In another bowl combine milk, sour cream, eggs, honey, and vegetable oil. Stir to blend. Add butter-MAKE SURE BUTTER HAS COOLED (or you’ll be having scrambled eggs in your muffins, not that I would ever make that mistake!!)
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and fold until just combined-don’t over mix.
- Spoon batter into the muffin pan, filling just about 1/2 cm below the top rim-these muffins don’t rise much so if you want that classic domed top you really need to fill them up!
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (A few crumbs are ok, just no batter.
- Drizzle with honey if desired to serve. Also great without it!
Keywords: honey cornbread muffins