Keep your lips soft and conditioned with this easy DIY Brown Sugar Lip Scrub made with honey, and peppermint oil!
I’m absolutely in love with incorporating Essential Oils into my daily routine and eliminating manufactured chemicals from my home. One of my biggest irritations especially in the winter is having a hard time keeping my lips moisturized.
I hate when my lips get chapped or flaky so I like to use a lip scrub to keep them in tip-top shape. I recently came up with a recipe for a homemade lip scrub using essential oils that I love so much I knew I had to share it with you!! It’s super easy to make and one batch lasts forever.
- organic coconut oil
- brown sugar
- food-grade peppermint essential oil
Step by step
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and store in a glass container-I use a medium sized baby food jar and this recipe fills it perfectly!
When you are ready to use your DIY Sugar Lip Scrub, simply wet your lips and use your fingertips to massage the scrub into your lips. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry (maybe follow up with some DIY Lavender Lip Balm!)
Why I love this scrub recipe
- the peppermint is stimulating and causes a plumping of the lips
- Honey can help moisturize your lips and protect cracked lips from infection. It also works as a mild exfoliator and can help remove dry, dead skin from your lips. Choose organic honey, and apply to your lips throughout the day using your fingers or a cotton swab. source: Healthline
- coconut oil is very moisturizing and protective for the lips
- brown sugar scrubs away any dry skin
You can really experiment with this brown sugar lip scrub as long as you keep the sugar and an oil.
- use olive oil instead of coconut oil
- omit the peppermint oil
- substitute vanilla extract for essential oil
- omit honey
- use cinnamon instead of peppermint
You might also like these homemade beauty products:
- 3 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil (get a free bottle here affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (I prefer local honey)
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- small jar or container
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and store in a glass container.
- When ready to use, moisten lips and use fingertips to massage a small amount of scrub over lips. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.