Keep your lips soft and conditioned with this easy DIY Sugar Lip Scrub made with brown sugar, honey, and peppermint oil!
DIY Sugar Lip Scrub
I’m absolutely in love with incorporating Essential Oils into my daily routine and eliminating manufactured chemicals from my home. One of my biggest irritations especially in the winter is having a hard time keeping my lips moisturized.
I hate when my lips get chapped or flaky so I like to use a lip scrub to keep them in tip-top shape. I recently came up with a recipe for a homemade lip scrub using essential oils that I love so much I knew I had to share it with you!! It’s super easy to make and one batch lasts forever.
DIY Sugar Lip Scrub Ingredients
- organic coconut oil
- brown sugar
- food-grade peppermint essential oil
How to Make a DIY Peppermint Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and store in a glass container-I use a medium sized baby food jar and this recipe fills it perfectly!
Feel free to change your essential oils to suit your taste but I don’t recommend using brands other than Young Living because you will be putting this on your mouth and many brands other than Young Living are not suitable for ingestion. I personally like the minty flavor of the peppermint but citrus would be great too I think!
When you are ready to use your DIY Sugar Lip Scrub, simply wet your lips and use your fingertips to massage the scrub into your lips. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry (maybe follow up with some DIY Lavender Lip Balm!)
You might also like these homemade beauty products:
- 3 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil (get a free bottle here affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (I prefer local honey)
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 Drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- small jar or container
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and store in a glass container.
- When ready to use, moisten lips and use fingertips to massage a small amount of scrub over lips. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.