Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish for almost any meal. The soft inside is packed with flavor and broiled outside has the perfect amount of crisp!
- 24 ounce petite red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- shredded Parmesan cheese to top if desired
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat an oven on the broil setting.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Use a fork to gently press on the potato and smash it.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic, and rosemary. Use a spoon to pour butter mixture over each potato.
- Broil potatoes for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Top with shredded Parmesan if desired and serve immediately.
- If using regular sized red potatoes, extend boiling time to 30 minutes and use a potato masher to smash potatoes.
Keywords: smashed potatoes, smashed red potatoes, garlic rosemary smashed potatoes, smashed potatoes with rosemary