First of all, I have to let y’all know that my “fancy” camera isn’t working so please forgive the photos in this post…they barely do this scrumdelicious recipe justice! Hopefully the camera wasn’t damaged in our recent move and I’ll be back to pretty pictures soon…I didn’t want to wait to share this recipe with you though-it’s just too good and too easy!
I love the idea of microwave cake in a mug because you can make a single serving when you get a sweet craving and it doesn’t leave your kitchen looking like a tornado when through it! Just a bowl for mixing and a mug and you’re good to go. What I didn’t love about all the cake in a mug recipes I had tried is they seemed dry. I experimented with a few ideas and recipes and this was my favorite and I hope you like it too!
Easy, delicious, and moist recipe for nutella microwave cake in a mug
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tbsp Nutella
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients and blend well
- Add milk, vegetable oil, applesauce, and 1 tbsp Nutella and mix thoroughly
- Pour into microwavable mug
- Add second tablespoon of nutella in the middle of the cup, no need to mix
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, please note microwaves vary so watch carefully to prevent burning.
Keywords: nutella mug cake, microwave nutella cake, nutella cake in a mug
I love how the nutella in the middle of the mug gives a little extra hazelnut flavor to the gooey center and the cake is just perfectly balanced in density!
I think it tastes even better when it’s slightly cooled-it would be great topped with whipped cream or some mini chocolate chips too! (Hungry yet?)
Okay enough talk from me, go make your own and let me know how you like it!!