Indulge in these delicious, decadent caramel fudge brownies!
- 12 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose as well)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 oz bag Toll House Delightfulls Caramel Filled Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for the optional caramel topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- kosher salt
- To make the brownies preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 by 8″ glass pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well, batter may be a bit lumpy.
- Pour into your baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool an hour before slicing.
For optional Caramel Topping:
- Pour sugar into a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat.
- Sugar will start to melt, stir often as it liquifies.
- When the sugar reaches the color of almond skin (light brown) add butter (it will sizzle and bubble-this is okay!) and cream.
- Stir until blended and remove from heat.
- Stir in a pinch of kosher salt if desired.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before drizzling over brownies.
Keywords: caramel brownies