Chocolate lovers rejoice, these soft batch cookies have twice the chocolate. With a fudge-like cookie base packed with chocolate chips, this is one sweet treat you’ll turn to again and again!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven tto 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet witth parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a mixer. Cream together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Add remaining dry mixture and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold chocolate morsels into tthe dough using a spatula.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to scoop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until center is just set, do not over bake.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- This dough is sticky! Prep your baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, a silicone mat, or spraying with nonstick spray.
- Use a cookie scoop to make evenly sized cookies.
- Spray the cookie scoop with nonstick spray to help the dough release from the scoop.
- Don’t overbake, the cookies will continue to set up after removing from the oven.
Keywords: double chocolate cookie