I think we can say it’s pretty common knowledge that chocolate and peanut butter are about the most perfect combination there is. And, my friends, I have to tell you that these Chocolate Fudge Reece’s Cookie Bars are probably the MOST UNBELIEVABLE chocolatey peanut butter dessert I’ve ever made. Seriously. SO GOOD!
So how did this decadent dessert come to be? Well…it was fate really. I was out solo shopping last weekend trying to finish up the last of the Christmas shopping when I decided to pop into Safeway to pick up some ingredients to make treats for my son’s speech therapist and my husband’s coworkers. It was a spur of the moment shopping trip and I hadn’t planned out what I was going to bake so I grabbed whatever looked good in the baking aisle-you know how that goes. I spied some Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix and Hershey® Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and I just knew I could turn them into something delicious!Print
Absolutely decadent rich, gooey Chocolate Fudge Reese’s Cookie Bars are the ultimate indulgent dessert!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 oz bag (about 1 3/4 cups) Reece’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10 by 13 glass baking dish generously with nonstick spray.
- In a mixer combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Mix until blended, batter will be very thick. Fold in peanut butter chips and pour into pan-spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until just set in the middle.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
Keywords: chocolate, fudge, reese’s, peanut butter
I mean, come on! Those peanut butter chips!
Seriously y’all. Look at them. I wish I could hand you one right now so you could experience them for yourself. I had to package them up to gift right away because I knew I’d eat the entire tray if I didn’t!