These fudgy brownie cookies mix up in just one bowl in less than 30 minutes and the end result is a soft, chewy, gooey inside and crisp outside brownie texture in cookie form!
Who doesn’t love brownies? Soft, fudge interior with a flaky crisp outside is hard to beat. That is, until you try them in cookie form! These brownie cookies are even better than traditional brownies and easier to grab and go!
Why I love this recipe
- under 30 minutes start to finish
- ummm…chocolate people!
- easy to bake for parties, school trips, etc. no broken apart brownies here
- made with pantry staples so you can probably whip them up right now!
- cocoa powder
- unsalted butter
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
Step by step
- Mix cocoa, sugar, butter and oil (you can do this by hand, no mixer required!)
- Mix remaining ingredients separately then add to wet and stir.
- Scoop out cookies by the tablespoon onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes & enjoy!
These cookies taste absolutely magical when they are still very warm but they do need to cool a good 10 minutes before you move them as they are very fragile right out of the oven!
If you only have self-rising flour omit the baking powder and use the same flour measurement.
I have had readers report that they made this with coconut oil and it turned out good. I do not recommend using olive oil as it would affect the flavor.
Yes, these freeze well. I recommend freezing on a baking sheet then transferring to a freezer-safe container .
I hope you enjoy these tasty brownie cookies as much as our family does! If you try them, please comment and rate them below, I love hearing from you!Print
These fudgy brownie cookies mix up in just one bowl and the end result is a soft, chewy, gooey inside and crisp outside brownie texture in cookie form!
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl combine cocoa powder, sugar, butter, and oil and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet until just blended.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Press slightly to flatten the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool ten minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Keywords: brownie cookies
Okay, so you’re all going to go out and make these cookies today right? And like always I’d love if you report back and let me know what you think of them! (If you’re on Yummly, you can save this recipe by clicking the Yummly icon on the left side of the screen!! Or feel free to pin it for later!)
If you love chocolate you might also like these recipes: