Watch out stains, this Homemade Stain Remover has just two common ingredients and removes stains in a flash! With just 2 simple ingredients you can tackle all the stains in your home easily and quickly!
When I bought a white couch three years ago everyone thought I was crazy. With three boys, a dog, and two cats there was no way I’d be able to keep it clean they said. Little did they know that I have the best homemade stain remover recipe out there and it’s my secret weapon for cleaning!
No matter what kind of stain I come across I always turn to this two ingredient stain remover. It’s easy and fast and it just plain WORKS. There’s no need to google all sorts of stain solutions and removers, just make a batch of this miracle stain remover and you’re good to go.
You can use this stain remover on laundry, carpet, linens, you name it!
Miracle Stain Remover
To make the cleaner you just need two common ingredients you probably already have at home: Dawn Dish Detergent (NOT dishwasher detergent!) and hydrogen peroxide.
Full instructions below step by step photos.
To use the homemade cleaner you simply spray it on the stain and gently work it into the fabric and watch the stain disappear!
You can make as much or as little of this cleaner as you need. I recommend making it in small batches as it works better fresh. However much you are making, just add twice as much hydrogen peroxide as you do the detergent. So for a small stain mix 1 teaspoon of Dawn with two teaspoons of peroxide. For a large batch 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide to 1/2 cup detergent works!
Add a little bit of baking soda if your stain also has odor-like underarm stains, pet stains, vomit, or greasy stains.
I have used this on set in stains, chocolate, wine, blood, yellow armpit stains, pretty much anything you can think of.
I have never had any issues with color loss using this cleaner but I do recommend you do a spot test just in case when possible. Make sure you are using 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (the kind commonly found in stores) no 6% to ensure it doesn’t bleach the cloth.
This is the best cleaning solution I have here on the blog, I hope you find it helpful! It has worked for me on blood and pet stains, food and drinks, even red wine! It also works on set in stains, which are the worst!
- Dawn Dish Detergent
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
- spray bottle
- Add one part Dawn dish detergent (you can substitute an eco friendly, plant based dishwashing liquid if you wish) to two parts hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. I usually use 1/2 cup detergent and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide for my small spray bottles.
- Shake the bottle to mix well, and mix before each use. Spray liberally on the stain and gently work it into the fabric with your fingertips. Watch the stain just disappear!
- If the stain was on laundry or something washable you can simply toss it in the laundry and wash like normal after getting the stain out. For carpet or upholstery, preferably rinse with clean water using a carpet cleaning machine, or if that isn’t possible, blot thoroughly with a clean cloth dampened with water and then blot dry.
- Always test in an inconspicuous place first, I have never had this affect colored items but do it to be on the safe side!
- I don’t recommend letting the solution dry on the fabric, wash, rinse or blot with water immediately after cleaning.
- The solution will lose it’s color after a couple of days but it will continue to work even after it is no longer blue!