This post is sponsored by Danone North America. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grocery shopping for my family can be a challenge sometimes. We all have different tastes and preferences. For example, I’m not a milk drinker but most of my family is, so I always have both almondmilk and dairy milk, almond yogurt alternative and dairy yogurt, as well as plant-based and dairy creamers for our morning coffees.
I’m always buying double so everyone has an option, so I was especially excited to see the Danone Crave & Save promotion in the Extra Savings flyer as I walked into my local Publix recently. It had all of my favorite dairy and plant-based Danone brands, perfect for kickstarting the New Year: Silk® Almondmilk, Almond Creamer, and Almond Yogurt Alternative; Horizon Organic® Milk, even International Delight® Creamer and Iced Coffee! I booked it to the dairy section and loaded up on all my favorites and along the way I was inspired to share a fast, fun breakfast shake with you.
Banana Bread Breakfast Smoothie
I love this smoothie because it’s not only tasty, but also super creamy because of the oats and yogurt. It tastes just like your favorite banana bread but in smoothie form!
This easy smoothie whips up quickly and can easily be customized to be dairy-free. Here’s what you need:
- Horizon Organic® Milk or Silk® Almondmilk
- Light + Fit® Nonfat Greek Yogurt or Silk® Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal (uncooked)
- Maple syrup
Full printable recipe at bottom of page
Tip: To make this shake extra thick and creamy I freeze my banana slices ahead of time. Simply slice bananas and keep in a freezer-safe container so you are ready to make this smoothie at any time! This is also a great thing to do if you have overripe bananas you don’t want to throw away!
It only takes 5 minutes to throw all of the ingredients in the blender to have a delicious breakfast, even on the busiest of mornings!
I like to make batches of these smoothies in the mornings as everyone is trying to get out the door. Paired with coffee with International Delight® Creamer (or Silk® Almond Creamer for me!) it is my favorite on-the-go meal to get the day started! And of course, being in South Georgia, we sometimes switch it out for International Delight® Iced Coffee when the temperature gets hot!
A few ways to make this smoothie recipe your own:
- Switch in different flavors of Light & Fit® Nonfat Greek Yogurt or Silk® Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
- Sweeten with honey instead of maple syrup
- Add fresh or frozen strawberries or any other fruit
- Omit the oats
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin and substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg
Are you looking to kickstart the New Year with delicious choices like Horizon Organic® Milk or plant-based products like Silk® Almondmilk or Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative?
Be sure to grab the Extra Savings flyer at the kiosk by the entrance to your Publix and get these amazing savings during the Crave & Save promotion now through March 12th. You can also click here to find the savings.Print
Start this year off on a great note with this easy Banana Bread Smoothie.
· 1 banana, sliced & frozen
· ½ cup Horizon Organic® Milk
· ½ cup Light & Fit® Nonfat Greek Yogurt
· ¼ cup old fashioned oats
· ½ teaspoon maple syrup
· ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
· Pinch of nutmeg
· Pinch of salt
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
· Blending oats may take longer than smoothies without oats. Pulse until consistency is completely smooth.
· Make this recipe dairy-free by substituting Silk® Almondmilk and Silk® Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
Keywords: banana bread smoothie