Healthy and delicious, these Almond Banana Zucchini Muffins are easy to make and won’t leave you feeling guilty!
- 2.5 medium bananas
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tablespoon for topping
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl add the banana and vanilla. Mash to combine.
- Add remaining wet ingredients (excluding zucchini) to the mashed banana and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix in the zucchini.
- Spray a muffin tin (or silicone muffin cups) with non stick spray and portion batter
into the cups. Top each muffin with almonds and cinnamon.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Keywords: banana, zucchini, almond, muffins